Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just another day in Pulaski, TN

So this weekend I went to photograph a second Klan Rally in a small southern town Pulaski, TN. It was quite an experience to say the least. I am happy with the images and will be sharing them soon. However the highlight of the day was shooting with Spencer Platt. He is a photojournalism legend. He won the World Press photo of the year in 2006 with this image.
There were only 5 photographers there total myself included and a video team from France. I wish I would have said more to him than I did, but it looks like i have found someone to Intern with. Oh what I wouldn't give... It can't hurt to ask, the worst he could say is No :) This is one of my images from yesterday. I love the fact that the women are window shopping while this is going on, they were either oblivious or just didn't care. Either way its quite a statement...

4 comments:

Darren said...

Do not pick own Pulaski, that is my neck of the woods.

Amanda Gardner said...

hey no way pickin on pulaski...Sounds like a country song...they were all very nice, cute little town..they even had a farmers market going on while the rally started..

ryan tyrl said...

This is fantastic! It's amazng....the transfer of genes thus talent! (Peggy) In my opinion...portfolio. The fact that you caught these women window shopping ignoring the assholes is awesome. Priceless! .....seriously!

Damian AhChing said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!