Monday, June 22, 2009

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away


Well...it is officially the end of an era. Kodak announces that is is going to halt production of America's #1 film. I was shocked to read that it only accounted for 1% of the sales for the company. So for all of those rumors that film is making a comeback, its just not true. I venture to say it will definitely fall into a fine art category, but a lot of fine art in photography comes with a high price tag. I am curious what we will do for the next school year with 4 x 5 sheet film. Will we even be able to find it? I say pitch the film and just learn to be great photographers with these cameras we pay so much to own. So here's to you Kodak...cheers, I think you are responsible for the passion that most of us have each time we take a picture. We can just take more now :)

Afghan Girl..taken by Steve McCurry. National Geographic 1985 Kodachrome

1 comments:

Damian AhChing said...

no way! that's upsetting, but a dawning of a new era as well! Fuji film better not take this shit over too.