Thursday, June 11, 2009

A soldier arrives

"Three solemn ceremonies took place across north Georgia Thursday, marking the return of fallen soldiers who lost their lives in the line of duty. The three men were killed in the same battle in Afghanistan one week ago.
Family, friends and hundreds of others lined the streets to pay homage to the fallen heroes. The soldiers made the ultimate sacrifice for the country and their bodies made the final journey home". myfoxatlanta


Today I experienced my 3rd homecoming for a fallen soldier, in less than a year. Each time I am left with more questions, while realizing how lucky I am to have the life I do, and how fortunate I am to have a brother that serves our country as well as a family of people who have served our country. While many believe that these are images that we should not take, to respect the family, I believe these are images that should be seen by all. I do believe in this country that we should be aware of how frequently this is happening. Eventually we have to decide if this is a path we shall take as a nation, or one we will learn from and make a new path. I am thankful for every individual who has and does serve our country. It allows me the freedom to take these images as I wish.
A soldier arrives

0 comments: