Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spencer Platt

The last few weeks have been a lot of research on different photojournalists, styles, and techniques for shooting photo essays. We have a big photo essay in 5 weeks, and I have a certain vision for it I want to follow through with. Today we watched a movie that featured work from Spencer Platt. A few months ago I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Platt, getty images photographer and world press photo of the year winner, see that image here. He worked quickly, quietly and kept to himself but was not afraid to get inches from his subject. I remember looking over and he was only three inches from someones face. I have realized I need to take that same risk and approach people with a purpose but be aware of my surroundings. He did not miss a beat. I have a great respect for the work he has done, and in the photojournalism world he is at the top of the game.



0 comments: