Monday, October 12, 2009

Photojournalism & Sports



What a great week! This week was our sports assignment. I went back to my high school (10 years away have flown by). The players, the cheers, the t shirts, and the parents are all still the same, just different people. My brothers both developed a love for football early on so I was raised as one of the "field rats"! We grew up with concession stand corndogs and nachos with gatorade as staples in our diet. It felt so good to hit the grass on friday night. Norcross took Northview 31-2 . It was a big learning curve and I highly underestimated the task at hand. It Started to rain early on but broke just before gametime. I learned it was better to watch the game beside your camera rather than through it. Warning: Watching football through the camera may cause dizziness and slight disorientation..All in all I am happy with what I got and look forward to going back this week, only in my neck of the woods when Norcross plays North Forsyth on their field. Hooray for the fall!

 

0 comments: