Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PJ piece of the week



Our photojournalism quarter is in full swing and I am getting a bigger wish list each week. I find a new lens I would want or a new flash acessory. I have decided to post a Photojournalism piece of the week as I come across equipment that is important in the field. It should be exciting to do research on all of the equipment. Looks like I will need to strike the lottery this week! I'll start with the big boy first. The piece of the week is a 70-200 2.8. I am a nikon shooter so this is the lens for nikon, the canon looks a bit different and it little bulkier. I love this lens. it is great for sports and events that may require covering distance. It is a bit heavy but a monopod helps. 




I also thought that this was really cool. It is a diagram of the lens construction on the inside.






2 comments:

Russelle Dennis said...

yep, that's what I need!

Lisa Cave said...

I have the Canon version; the 2.8 is sweet when shooting in low light